Sunday, November 4, 2007

Much Ado about Nothing

I seem to be in a bit of a "rantless" state at the moment. I suppose that's a good thing, no real complaints. But I feel like I've been neglecting my blog this past week! I figured, if I just started typing tonight, I could probably come up with something.

Let's see, what did we do this week?

Last Sunday, we hopped in the family truckster and headed into Pensacola for the "Big Fair". We paid $5 to park 1/2 mile away, $10 to get in, $12 for ride tickets, and waaaaay too much for standard "Fair Fare" (i.e. pizza and ice cream), but it was all worth it to see Ethan have so much fun! He rode on his first rides , a train ride with Daddy and a car ride with Mommy. The car would zip around the corner real fast and he just laughed his little head off on every turn. We left smiling and thinking about how much more fun it will be for him next year when he's brave enough to ride some bigger rides (Lord knows he's already "big" enough).



Halloween was fun. We went trick-or-treating with our next door neighbors and Ethan was a pro. He knocked on doors, said "trick-or-treat", sometimes said "Thank You", and stayed with our little group even though there were hundreds of people out in the neighborhood. Really, I've never seen anything like it! It was like a block-party. Salla got to get a bit of fun in too, though, sleep nazi that I am, I was in a rush to get her home and ready for bed close to her normal bed time so as not to undo all our hard work for one night of fun! I think Ethan's favorite part was being outside in the dark. The next couple nights he wanted to go knock on doors. We'll do it again next year baby, I promise...


I got my act together this weekend and painted Salla's room. FINALLY. We moved in in, what, February? But I suppose I should give myself a little break, I mean I was very pregnant and then, you know, had a newborn and stuff. So I guess now is an appropriate time to do it. It really does look nice though. I was going for a muted light blue and ended up with more of a periwinkle (the difference in lighting in Salla's room vs. Home Depot). The color is Behr "saltwater" and I think it's perfect. I finished with some cute flower and bug wall decals to add to the garden theme. I will post a picture when I think about it.

A brief update on the Salla Sleep Front. She's doing AWESOME! We had one rough night this week when she woke up a couple times early in the night and then and wouldn't fall back asleep on her own for about an hour. I eventually chalked it up to teething, gave her a dose of Tylenol at 2am and didn't hear from her again until it was time to eat around 4. On most nights I don't hear from her until sometime between 2 and 4. I am still feeding her once per night, because I think it's appropriate even though she's plenty big enough (over 18 lbs now!). Naps are still very short, BUT she is falling asleep on her own with almost no protests (unless I push it too long and she's already crying). Needless to say, it's a vast improvement and Dr. Ferber is still my best friend.

Oh, and I did make it back to the gym a couple times this week. I figure 3 or 4 times a week is worth it and much better that nada! Thanks to everyone who's congratulated me on getting that part of my life back. It really does feel good to take that time to take care of myself....

Ok, I'm pooped and gotta recharge for this week. Seth has classes on Friday night and all day Saturday so it's a 6 day work week. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Three or four times a week? I am super proud of you...I still haven't started up again, but you have motivated me...after I clean the downstairs bathroom I am going to do one of my short Tae Bo videos...if neither of the peanuts wakes up early from a nap that is!
Glad to hear Halloween was fun and Salla is sleeping! Please say a prayer that Hudson stops getting colds, we have to give him breathing treatments because the latest cold turned into Bronchitis (good news is that I caught it really early because I am neurotic). To make matters worse, the nebulizer and pump scares Gunner to death, so he cries the whole 10 minutes I have it over Hudson's face...which is every 4 hours...ugh. So much for the healing power of breastmilk...

Leah said...

Oh, Carrie! I'm so sorry poor Hudson has spent most of his little life so ill. Gunner must be bringing home some SERIOUS germs if they are getting by your total body scrub downs and your mommy anti-bodies. On the bright side, he is building up immunities now so maybe he'll be one super healthy kiddo later on. In all sincerity though, I'm really sorry he's been so sick. I can't imagine how worried I would be about him. I'm thinking about you and sending my prayers...

Kelly said...

Hi Leah, I am so psyched for you. I was psyched with making to yoga for the first time in my life this monday. i think i am going tomorrow but troy cried after 45 minutes last time and the class is one hour. we will see how that goes. i should be making stuff for the craft fair. later super mom