Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Dear Sweet Child

Oh, wonderful, sweet, contented son, where have you gone? Someone came in the night and replaced you with a stubborn, cranky, and down right ornery little boy! OK, so I know he is 2 (2 1/2 really), but I can't believe this is just an age thing. I think he must be sick. Sure, he's not running a temperature, he's not complaining of ear aches or tummy pains, he's eating like a champ, and seems well enough to run around at the park for an hour. But I still think he MUST be getting sick. That's the only explanation. I even gave him a dose of Tylenol, sure that it would improve his mood. Nope. The rest of the day was still full of incessant whining, screams of "Noooooooooooooo!" and many many crocodile tears. I can now admit that I am praying for my son to get sick, hoping for a fever tomorrow, a reason to call the doc and prove he has a double ear infection, just so I can exhale and say "See? I knew that was it, poor thing..." and not have to keep him in time out all day, every day for the rest of his toddlerhood. Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

is he sick, he sounds just like troy. heheee one day awesome the next he is up for adoption. heehee

Carrie said...

TOO funny...I too have given Gunner Tylenol thinking that either he HAD to be sick OR someone had replaced him with a demon child in the middle of the night! Usually his "terrible two" episodes happen just when I begin to get smug, thinking I have this whole toddler thing figured out and must be the perfect parent because he has not thrown a tantrum in weeks. Case in point for this week...I was picking up something at the pharmacy w/ both boys; I told Gunner he could have a little spiral notebook if he was good (he loves stealing my to-do list pad). Well, Hudson decided he was hungry an hour early and begins screaming at the top of his lungs, then Gunner decides the cashier isn't going to give him his notebook back after she rings it up and also begins crying "NOOOO" at the top of his lungs....all in front of a line of 6 people. I have to put Gunner under one arm (now flailing and screaming "GET DOWN") and carry Hudson's carseat in the other all the way to the parking lot. I just wanted to yell at all the people giving me dirty looks "I swear this NEVER happens, I really do know what I am doing"...well, I do most of the time anyway. Luckily Gunner has been an angel for the last couple days...the calm before the storm comes once again I guess.