Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Proud Wife

I'm sitting here tonight wondering how I feel such mixed emotions about my husband's career. I'm so proud of him for being dedicated, hard working, responsible, and so good at his job. Last week we found out he ranked #2 in the squadron for the fiscal year out of over 50 instructor pilots. That's amazing! I'm so proud...but wait. They rank them based on flight hours. So out of over 50 other guys, he was at work the most? That's not cool! Why couldn't he fall somewhere nicely in the middle and give me a few extra hours a week with him home? So now I'm a little ticked that he's so good at his job! This is supposed to be our "shore" tour. I'm supposed to see him more now than I did in Whidbey. Between him being such a great pilot and such a dedicated student (did I mention he's taking classes for his MBA at UWF too?) I'm feeling short changed. But those qualities that make him so good at his job are the same ones that make him a great husband and a great father and are the reason I married him in the first place. So let me just grit my teeth and say "Good job, honey! I'm so proud of you!" because I truly am...

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I completely get how you feel about this...when you have a dedicated and responsible hubby, who puts in extra hours & is motivated to do well at everything, these ARE the things that make you love them and that make them such devoted Dads. I just try to remember when Lenny is working until 8:00 for weeks, that most husbands don't help out or encourage "mom alone" time when they ARE around. Good job being selfless enough to be able to see what is really important, and good job for holding down the fort..his success is your success too!