Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Few of my Favorite Things...

I've decided to put up yet another post that offers no real insight into my life as Mom. This post, however, does shed some light on my life as Leah. Sometimes I forget that I can be me and not just Mommy! Recently I was inspired in the shower, my (almost) daily sanctuary, to let all my girl friends in on what I think are some the best pamper-me products out there. All Must Try's!



1. Schick Slim Twin Razors
I love these because they have this little button on the top when you push it, all the hair and dead skin gets pushed out from under the blade. They last a couple uses longer than most disposable razors and they are cheap!!





2. GlyMed Plus Gentle Facial Wash & Photo-Age
Environmental Protection Gel SPF 15
This facial wash is amazing. My skin feels so clean but not ever tight after washing it. It removes all my makeup and leaves no residue. The lotion is very light weight but my face never feels dry. I have an array of skin issues (sensitive, dry spots, oily spots, break outs!) and I've never had an adverse reaction to it. While on the pricey side, you need much at each use. I reorder about 3 times a year. I order mine online at http://www.ariva.com/glymed.html




3. Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin 2 Complete Nutrition Shampoo & Nutritive Lait Vital Proteine (conditioner)
All I can say is, this is true daily pampering for your hair. I tried this line out way back in 1999 when I worked at a salon in college. In almost 10 years, I've never found any other product that made my hair look and feel as beautiful (believe me, I've tried!). It's expensive and harder to find (of course you can find it online), but it's a really great way to treat yourself and it will last a few months.



4. Body shop Exfoliating Skin Towel
I was surprised at how well this thing worked! It was an impulse buy one day at the mall with some sort of promotion. The first thing I loved was how easy it is to exfoliate my back! It was like a really really great back scratch (which I Loooooove). Then, I shaved my legs after using it and it was the smoothest shave ever! It really does an amazing job of sloughing off those dead skin cells and leaving soft, smooth skin behind.



5. Dove Sensitive Skin Body wash (soap free!)
I put this on the list, not because it does an exceptional cleansing job and has a fantastic scent, but because it's inexpensive and treats my sensitive skin really well. I still come out feeling clean and refreshed with no irritations!





Thanks for letting me share!

No comments: